WORDPRESS LOGIN ISSUES:
Most login issues can be resolved easily.
Be sure to use the correct login URL. We use a special login URL to login to our network. Do not use the standard WordPress login format such as [yourdomain]/wp-admin. You login to the network, not your site. For example a login URL looks something like this: seo1.serpcom.com.
Logging into WordPress may involve a cookie conflict:
This happens often with new websites, It may also involve your IP address.
Getting Locked out of your network or your site:
Attempting to login unsuccessfully more that 4 times will get you locked out, if you can't login don't keep trying to guess your password. Try resetting your password or fill out a ticket to have your password reset.
You will have to submit a ticket with your local IP address to get back in.
To resolve cookie conflict and login issues do the following:
- Save any work you are doing and close all apps.
- Follow the instructions here to clear your cookies:
- Clear your browser cache. If you don't know how, here is a link:
- Close your browser and quit all applications and close any open windows.
- Completely shut down your device, not sleep or restart, shutdown.
- Wait 5 minutes and turn on your device and try again
If, after doing the above, and you are still unsuccessful please do the following:
- Reply in the ticket with your local IP address, to find it go to https://ipchicken.com and copy and paste the big blue number at the top carefully. Respond in the ticket with that IP address.
- Reply in the ticket with the URL where you attempted to login and the username you were using.